31/08/2012

BAO


Just today, on August 24, it would Uppland fiddler Eric Sahlström have turned 100 years.Jubilee celebration begins tonight at folkmusikinstituet in Tobo - and continues in Uppsala tomorrow - including dance on Vaksala Square to Benny Andersson Orchestra.
Benny even has its own nyckelharpa, but it goes like that to play he reveals.
- I bought a beautiful nyckelharpa that I ordered, but it is much harder to play on than you think. I should practice more than I did, but I'll learn to play. I will not be able to teach me to play "Fiddler Joy" before I'm dead, I do not. But something I course to learn. If you are interested in something, or if you have something you want to get good at it is just to be in and not give up. I still play several hours a day
Your interest in Eric Sahlström, how has it evolved?
- I was elected to the Royal Academy of Music a few years ago, then you should do some type of benefit there. And they asked me if I could not take the place of the board of Eric Sahlström Memorial Fund, and I said that I could do because I thought it would suit me fine. So that's why really, says Benny Andersson.

No comments:

Post a Comment