13/11/2011

FRIDA & AGNETHA REUNION!!! (With Translation) HQ


ABBA won the newly created Lifetime Achievement Award, as voted for by readers of Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, in the 30th annual Rockbjörnen awards last night. The ceremony took place at Stockholm's Cirkus venue.


What do you talk about when you meet?
"We mostly talk about money. No, I'm just kidding! We are enormously humble that a new generation is listening to our music. We are just as nervous now as we used to be when we got up on stage before. We are enormously grateful," said Agnetha.


Are there any successful reunions?
- Pink Floyd maybe? No, [in our case] I think you should probably let things be.


Agnetha & Frida: We were never enemies
"Sometimes I dream about Benny and Björn in different situations. I have moved away from the music world," says Agnetha Fältskog but she enjoys warm and fond conversation with Frida and they are apparently very harmonious with each other's company.


How has the "Mamma mia!" success appeared to you?
Agnetha: It is still our material, it has been around all the time. The feeling I get about it is incredibly proud as the music never dies. There are always new generations who enjoy the music and it is hopeful.
"A great success"


Frida: We often get questions about how it was with ABBA. Björn and Benny are held up as the geniuses in the band, but all creative work in the band was in the studio. We were a group of people, not just four, but musicians and engineers also, who created in the studio. We did everything. All of our voices.


Agnetha: "Everything we have done, we have done ourselves. It was a huge job.
Frida: It is often forgotten that the creative work was in the studio for many, many hours. It is a great happiness that we created this song sound.


What did you think about the reception from the audience tonight?
Agnetha: Quite amazing. What warmth.
Frida: There's one thing I would like to put straight is everything that has been written about Agnetha and I fighting and that we were enemies. There is no truth in this. Obviously we competed, but it was fine that we did.
Agnetha: No, God we were not enemies. One must live with many of those injustices one hears.
"Living with pride"


Frida: ABBA was not the only two married couples. Agnetha and I were also married.
Agnetha: We supported each other very much. If someone had a cold or was unwell.
Frida: We were very caring towards each other.


How long ago met you privately?
Agnetha: Very long time ago.
Frida: But it feels like yesterday.
Agnetha: Yes. Sometimes I dream about Frida. Sometimes it's Benny and Bjorn in different situations.
Frida: It is a process. We've been through so much and it's been an incredible life. Both professionally and privately. We will process it all our lives.


There is nothing you can put in your pocket and forget. We are reminded of that tonight. You live with it with pride and reflection.
Agnetha: Yes, it is very very different feelings.
And it's just the two of you who really know what you went through and experienced.
Agnetha: Exactly. We as women experience it in a special way.
Frida: More emotional.
Agnetha: For me [the ABBA years] were very much about remorse and longing for my children.


Do you want to record music again?
Frida: I was going to just ask Agnetha if we could make a new album!
Agnetha: A double-CD, ha ha ha ...


You made a new album a few years ago.
Agnetha: It is difficult to feel motivated now. I have so much more. I'm in another phase of life. I am a grandmother and so is Frida. ABBA is always in one phase and I dream of ABBA. It is not out of me. Never. But we are living our daily lives. I have come more and more away from the music.


You did of course, many songs?
Agnetha: Yes, I write a part sometimes. But it is just down in a portfolio. I was composing in me. Even with these texts, I can get ideas. From there to do anything ...
Frida: The step is large. Almost invincible.
Agnetha: You can get the idea and put together great. Working in the studio is helkul. But then. Then we have to get it.
Frida: Right. The fear lies as you say in the promotion and travel - it goes no further.
Agnetha: It is too late for all that. I can not.


For the complete translation go to
http://www.icethesite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment